Warranty, Repairs and Return Policy Information
- Software that is unopened and in original condition with a receipt can be returned within 30 days of purchase for exchange or refund. Special order software returned within 30 days will be charged a $10 restocking fee. Opened software cannot be returned.
- Defective products will be exchanged for the same product within 30 days of purchase (no refunds will be made). Beyond 30 days, products fall under manufacturer's warranty.
- Special orders require a $10 non-refundable deposit.
- MSU Department software licenses cannot be returned.
- If software orders are not picked up within one week of being contacted by the MSU Computer Store, we will call or email you to ask if you want the item mailed for a fee. If we do not get a reply we will return the software to stock, and if it's a special order you will be charged the $10 deposit. We will make an exception if you let us know you are unable to pick up the software due to vacation, illness, etc.
- Please fill out the MSU Computer Store Return Form for software returns.
- Returns can be made up to 14 days from the date of delivery. All returns will be charged a 15% restocking fee or $100, which ever is less,unless an error was made by the vendor or the MSU Computer Store. Returns beyond 30 days are not allowed with most manufacturers; please call if you have a request for an exception.
- MSU Departments must return hardware items through the MSU Computer Store. Please do not go directly to vendors for returns and replacements. The MSU Computer Store must handle all returns in order to ensure proper credit and replacement delivery. To request a hardware return call the MSU Computer Store at (517) 432-0700 or bring the item to be returned to the store.
- Hardware accessories can be returned within 14 days, but must have original packaging. In-stock accessories can be returned within 30 days, but must have original packaging.
- Returns can be made through the MSU Computer Store by calling 432-0700.
- Personal computer orders require a $100 non-refundable deposit. If an order is canceled, the $100 deposit is applied to the cost of returning the item(s) to our vendor (shipping, insurance, labor).
- Please fill out the MSU Computer Store Return Form for hardware returns.
- Personal credit card refunds will be applied to your credit card. Checks will be mailed for cash refunds; this normally takes 3-4 weeks.
- Departmental refunds will be JVE'd to your account.
- Most hardware warranty work can be handled directly with the computer manufacturer. A list of manufacturer support phone numbers and web sites are provided here.
Alternatively, hardware repairs can be made at the MSU Computer Repair center located in room 120 of the Computer Center. MSU Computer Repair will diagnose computer problems for walk-in customers for a fee. If the problem is an issue covered under the manufacturer’s warranty for parts and labor, the diagnosis is included as part of the warranty repair. If the problem is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty the customer will be charged an hourly rate for the diagnosis.
Warranty Support Contact Information
Adobe Tech Support: 800-642-3623
Apple Computer: 800-800-2775
Dell Computer: 800-274-7799
Hewlett Packard: 800-633-3600
Adobe Software: http://www.adobe.com
Apple Computer: http://www.apple.com
Dell Computer: http://www.dell.com
Hewlett Packard/Compaq: http://www.hp.com
MSU Computer Repair (517) 353-5266
The MSU Help Desk is available seven days a week for walk-in assistance, phone support and website/knowledge base access (service alerts, FAQ's and computer support articles).
Walk in Support: 120 Computer Center
Phone Support: (517) 432-6200
Web Support: http://help.msu.edu