What type of use are these items for?
In order to provide you with the best possible shopping experience and accurate pricing, we need to know the type of use for the items you need.
Position: Student Computer Consultant
Position: Student Sales Associate
The MSU Computer Store is staffed by a helpful and knowledgeable student staff who can assist MSU Faculty, staff, and students with purchase decisions on products that are available through the MSU Computer Store. This is achieved on the phone, on line, and one-on-one in the Store.
Experience in one of the following areas is strongly desired for employment:
- Sales/Marketing Background and customer service experience.
General computer knowledge, experience and interest required; experience beyond entry-level desired.
- Knowledge of Windows XP, Mac OS X, and Microsoft Office
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop experience helpful for producing point of sale signage and other promotional material.
- Good communication skills and self-motivation extremely important!
- Walk-in and telephone calls involving sales of microcomputer systems.
- Produce sale flyers, competitive analysis, and signage for point-of- sale displays.
- Assist with development and preparation of Computer Store Back-to-School flyer and monthly newsletter.
- Customer Satisfaction follow-up
- Help coordinate and give Computer Store demos in locations throughout campus.
- Assisting with Computer Store sales analysis and exploring long-term marketing opportunities for departmental and personal sales.
Position: Computer Lab Support Staff
Computerlab Service Staff provide support for the computer labs on campus.
- Performing quality control checks in labs, troubleshooting and reporting equipment failures for lab computers and printers are some of the tasks involved with the job.
- Shifts are also available for opening labs in the mornings, closing labs in the evening, and stocking printer supplies.
- We are looking for students with a variety of skills. Advancement opportunities are available for students who are aggressive workers and self starters.
- Graphic software packages, web design expertise and programming skills are a plus!
- Shifts are available year round.
Application for Employment:
To fill out an on-line job application click here.